December 3, 2013
It’s estimated that the average home contains from 500 to 1,000 or more different chemicals, most that you cannot see, smell, or taste. Take a quick look around to see what you can eliminate to keep your home safe and chemical free.
1. Switch to non-toxic cleaning products, preferably ones made with natural ingredients. Many homeowners, maid services, and even some “green” hotels are now cleaning with alkaline water!
2. Avoid products with synthetic fragrances – there are as many as 300 chemical ingredients in a single manufactured fragrance, and the FDA reports that such fragrances are responsible for up to 30% of allergic reactions.
3. Get rid of mothballs and use cedar clothes hangers, chips, or sachets with mint, thyme or cloves to keep closets free of moths while eliminating moth ball chemicals from your home.
4. Open up your house to allow fresh air in. Modern insulation plus better window and door sealing materials mean that your home retains toxins, germs, and other contaminants, so be sure to air things out on a regular basis.
5. Follow the Asian homeowner example and don’t wear shoes in the house – shoes track in dirt and pesticides. Use socks or slippers inside and leave the shoes on the porch.
6. Replace your cardboard air filter with a modern electrostatic filter. Traditional filters generally capture less than 40% of the airborne pollen, dust and dirt, while washable electrostatic filters are more than 90% efficient, which dramatically improves the air quality in your home. Be sure to check your filter regularly, with electrostatic filters, you can just hose them off and put them back in. Your Zerorez technician can order a custom-made metal frame filter for your home that will last a lifetime.
7. Install a carbon monoxide alarm that will monitor emissions from gas stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and water heaters.
8. Use a fan or dehumidifier in areas such as bathrooms to prevent buildup of mold and mildew.
9. Install water filters for drinking water and in the shower heads. A 20 minute shower can expose you to more chlorine and fluoride than you would drink in 5 gallons of water.
10. Your carpets are the biggest filter in your home, and traditional carpet cleaning leaves soapy, chemical residues that can exacerbate allergy, asthma, and chemical sensitivities. Have Zerorez clean carpets, upholstery, tile and grout, natural stone, and hardwood to eliminate toxins and chemicals from surfaces that may have soap, solvent or chemical residue. Zerorez cleans with a patented high pH water solution that is so pure the technicians will drink it before your eyes! Call Zerorez to help detox your house, they are “the guys that drink the water!”
August 21, 2013
“Green” Does Not Always Mean Safe Cleaning
Consumers are very interested in finding safe ways to clean their homes without using the harsh and even harmful chemicals used in the past. Unfortunately, marketing gurus have hijacked the term “green” and it is difficult to know if a product is safe, let alone effective, if it is described as “green”.
One very well known “green” cleaning product claims it is “non-toxic, biodegradable, non-hazardous, non-flammable, and non-corrosive.” However, it contains 2-Butoxyethanol, inhalation of which can cause “… sore throat, coughing, headache, nausea and shortness of breath. Skin contact can cause irritation with redness and pain. May be absorbed through the skin. Eye contact: Vapors are irritating and may produce immediate pain, redness, and tearing. Chronic exposure can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, lymphoid system, blood and blood-forming organs.” That does NOT seem very benign.
In a recent study of 25 commonly used, scented products, including several household cleaning products, half of which claimed to be “green”, “organic” or “natural”, the products tested emitted an average of 17 chemicals each, but only one compound was listed on the label. In all, the 25 products tested emitted a total of 133 different chemicals, about 25 percent of which are classified as toxic or hazardous under federal law, and only 2 of these 133 chemicals were disclosed on the label. And every single product emitted at least one chemical listed as toxic or hazardous!
Many carpet cleaning companies have promoted their “green” cleaning process for several years, often with a less than acceptable result. That includes the “dry” processes, rotary buffing process, or other modified cleaning techniques. Other than a poor cleaning result, however, the fact is that virtually every carpet cleaning service provider leaves some type of chemical residue in the carpet, and regardless of whether it is “green” or a traditional soap or solvent compound, the home or business owner is left with a questionable and potentially harmful chemical in their carpets, upholstery, or hard surfaces. Is there any alternative to these chemical question marks?
Zerorez “no-residue” process
ZerorezSoCal is a new technology cleaning company that cleans carpets, upholstery, tile and grout, and much more using a patented, high pH alkaline water. The heated cleaning solution is simply softened water that is modified to increase the alkalinity, and it is so pure, the technician can drink it before they clean with it, because it truly is only modified water. That is very different from other cleaners that claim they “clean green” but still use undisclosed chemicals that may or may not be toxic. And because the Zerorez cleaning solution is “just” modified water, there is never any concern about “hidden” chemicals that remain after the cleaning technician leaves.
So next time you hear about cleaners of any kind that claim they “clean green” just remember to ask yourself if the process they use is safe, effective, and even honest. If you aren’t sure, you need to call Zerorez, because we are “the guys that drink the water.”
July 22, 2013
A nice note from one of our clients:
We did put a call into your offices to let you know that we are VERY PLEASED with the outcome of the carpet cleaning at this property and wanted to followup with this email and pictures. The owner had installed a high grade carpet hoping that it would last for a number of years. The previous tenant, put in by another property manager, apparently didn’t care about the carpet and tracked oil or food of some type throughout. The first two pics were the really bad areas: stairs and bonus room. We really did not think it could be removed. We told the owner about ZeroRez and they agreed to “try.” When we called in we told the scheduler about the damage and asked that your tech pay extra attention to the spots. SURPRISE! ASTOUNDING! The second two pics are after. The areas were cleaned and you can’t tell that it was ever that bad. Thank you!! We always knew that ZeroRez was a GREAT company and your ability to remove stains incredible. We will continue to call you for ALL our rental properties . . . and personal residences.
The Property Management Co.
July 1, 2013
Latest Zerorez Client Survey (13,417 surveys sent)
Here are the results of our recent client survey sent out to our client list on June 24, 2013. Thanks to all who participated, the results are impressive!
1. How often do you clean your carpets?
39.6% said every 12 months
26.4% said “as needed”
17.2% said every 6 months
16.8% said every 18 months
Did you know that infrequent cleaning shortens the life of your carpet? Dirt and contaminants are like sandpaper on your carpet fibers, and they dull the look and wear the fibers out more quickly. To obtain the longest life and best look from your carpet, clean it every six to twelve months.
2. Does cleaning with Zerorez allow you to lengthen the time between cleanings?
60.9% said they can go longer between cleanings than before, which means a better value to our clients
31.9% said they go about the same amount of time between cleanings
7.2% said they go less time between cleanings, in part because our green process helps control allergic/chemical reactions clients may have
3. Do you feel the Zerorez process is better than soap and chemical based cleaning?
92.6% said that Zerorez is a better cleaning process than traditional carpet cleaning
5.9% said Zerorez is a better cleaning process than traditional carpet cleaning
1.5% said Zerorez is a better cleaning process than traditional carpet cleaning
4. Do you prefer our new “unbundled” pricing, which is about 33% less than our all-inclusive pricing, or our package pricing? Package pricing and services such as application of fiber protectant are available upon request.
86.4% said this is a better approach and the lower prices are appreciated
13.6% said they prefer the package pricing structure (so we kept it upon request)
5. Are you aware that we also clean tile and grout, hard wood, and other surfaces?
86.8% said you are aware of our other services
13.2% said you were not aware of our other services
6. Are you more or less likely to refer Zerorez to friends/family than other services?
95.9% said they are more likely to refer Zerorez than soap/chemical based processes
4.1% said they were less likely to refer Zerorez to family and friends
June 26, 2013
Go ahead, drink it! How many cleaning products – especially super strength solutions – can you safely and comfortably consume? We’d be willing to bet you know of few, if any. Think of Zerorez as a super hero in the residential and commercial cleaning world. From carpets and area rugs, to drapery, to leather upholstery, natural stone, tile and grout and even mattresses, there is simply no better cleaning solution than the Zerorez solution.
Zerorez Empowered Water is electrolyzed and oxidized to create a powerful chemical-free cleaning solution that is free of suds, free of residue, and free of anything that could potentially be harmful to your family and pets. We are the only company that employs this superior, eco-friendly cleaning technology, using a high pH alkaline cleaning solution so pure that our technicians can actually drink it!
You can detox and eliminate the chemical residue other cleaners leave behind by calling Zerorez, the guys that drink the water!
June 18, 2013
Grassy feet, muddy paws, sandy towels… and traffic! Let’s face it, living in Southern California is pretty awesome but it has its side effects. Near perfect year-round weather means you probably spend a lot of time outside, which means you probably bring a lot of dirt inside. There are many carpet cleaners in Los Angeles who can combat your in-home high-traffic areas, but few with as many – or exceptional – services as Zerorez, but probably none who can help with out-of-home freeway traffic. Sorry!
But it should help a little knowing that we offer cleaning services that will not only clean high-traffic and carpeted areas, but it will clean drapery, oriental rugs, and even natural stone with our proprietary pure alkaline water solution.
The Zerorez secret weapon is Empowered Water; alkaline water that is electrolyzed and oxidized to create a powerful chemical- and toxic-free cleaning solution. Carpet cleaning has become revolutionary with our patented cleaning technology. No residue, no suds. Just clean, green, California carpet cleaning goodness.
January 25, 2012
On Tuesday, January 10th, Ryan Seacrest began advertising Zerorez on his top rated radio show. He was impressed with our no-soap cleaning method, and amazed that the cleaning solution used by our techs was so pure they could drink the solution before cleaning with it. Zerorez uses a patented technology to clean with that is more effective than traditional cleaning, but is so pure that there is never any soap or chemical residue to attract new soiling. Look to future ads from Ryan about this great new technology.
May 16, 2011
Commonly accepted wisdom says that referral business is the best business there is. Angie’s List is a company that has formalized the process of publishing customer ratings and referrals, and the companies reviewed are included without company involvement or input. But what is the value of a very high rating such as Zerorez commonly receives? How does this type of referral compare to a “friend-to-friend” recommendation? We are still trying to evaluate that, because in spite of high ratings on the list, jobs generated from this type of formalized publication are still few and far between. Maybe someone out there can provide some feedback regarding their experience.
April 29, 2011
Our challenge for building the Zerorez brand is to help people understand that we really do use a new and advanced cleaning technology. Once we are in the house, we generally take out a clear, plexiglass “bubble” (often used for pool cleaning) and show people the suds we are extracting from their carpet, even though we clean with nothing but pure, alkaline water. Where did it come from? It is left-over soap from previous cleanings. THEN people “get it,” they say “Ohhh, I understand now what you were talking about.” That’s Zerorez, which stands for Zero Residue. We are now trying to get the word out on KFI radio, KKLA radio, KFWB radio, Home Magazine, certain trade shows like the Santa Monica Design Show, and regular articles in the L.A. Times. We reach out to Los Angeles County and all of the cities therein, Orange County, Riverside County, and San Bernadino County. It is a constant struggle to spread the word, but it must be working, we now have 15 trucks, and are very, very busy, even during the rains the last couple of months. Zerorez is the green way to clean, and people are really starting to understand that.
April 12, 2011
The 8th Annual Green Building Materials and Design Show is taking place May 6-7, 2011 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. The show focuses on green/environmental and sustainable techniques for residential and commercial building and maintenance, and Zerorez carpet cleaning was invited as the ONLY industry participant because of our unique green technology that is revolutionizing the carpet and upholstery cleaning industry. Leaders from Los Angeles and Orange County will present the latest in environmental techniques, and admission is free. We will be in booth 98, please come by and learn more about our patented cleaning process. We are the only carpet cleaners in the Orange County and Los Angeles markets authorized to use this patented process using a high pH alkaline water to clean in lieu of soaps, detergents, surfactants, or chemicals. Carpet cleaning technology has not changed much in the last 60 years, but Zerorez is truly different. Organic and non-toxic cleaning is NOT the same as Zerorez cleaning, our cleaning solution is so pure, we can drink it. Our carpet cleaning services are available in Los Angeles, Orange County, and the Inland Empire. Visit our website at www.zerorezSoCal.com to see our radio spokesman Bill Handel of KFI radio drink our alkaline water, and be sure to come see us at the Santa Monica Design Expo.